Sunday, March 14, 2010

Apple Glory

Somethin's Peekin'

Here's a little something I made a while back, an Apple Yogurt Cake. Well, it's something I made a very long while back so I don't remember where I got the recipe from. I do recall wanting to try baking with yogurt, a much touted but seldom used ingredient in cake making, and see for myself if the result is really all that different.

Thick, Rich Batter

The batter came together easy enough, creamier than usual due to the thick yogurt used.

Love The Apple Chunks!

The cake was moist and well balanced in taste, not too sweet, only very slightly tangy. I quite liked it. I'm not sure if it helped with the browning but the cake came out with a beautiful golden top, just as gorgeous as the cake itself if I may say so myself. :p

No comments: