Saturday, October 9, 2010

Canberra Eat 2


Cookie Tree

When home and alone (while Simon's hard at work) and itching for something to, for me that something usually means one thing: I want to bake.

Haven't got my arsenal of pantry staples at my disposal so got me a box of cookie mix instead. Didn't matter,  soothed my soul the moment I opened the boxed and got stuck in.


 M&M's Cookies. Yum-O!



 Cauliflower Cumin Soup. With Cheese. :p

Fresh from my pea and ham hock soup victory, I next made a cauliflower soup for a variety of reasons: it has a different texture from its predecessor (smooth and creamy instead of chunky), cauliflower is a very nutritious but underrated vegetable, there is cheese in it, and I get to enjoy it with more of Simon's handmade bread.

Oh who am I kidding! I wanted to make the soup for one reason and one reason only- to BLITZ it with a stick blender! Total pulverization power man!


Gai Pad Gra Pow

Simon is quite the cook too, he makes a mean Gai Pad Gra Pow, or Thai Basil Chicken stir fry. He deep fries the basil leaves, something I've never seen done before, (suah koo, I know) and the taste was freakishly amazing! Pow-wow crunch with a flavor quite different from its fresh state. Paired with rice and a fried egg, the perfect weekday dinner. :)

Brod Burger, An ACT Institution


Roast Chicken With Stuffing & Salad


Baby Back Ribs


Burnt My First Attempt But It Still Went Down Well

No comments: